This year ever been a rollercoaster ride! Its been the most challenging, inspiring, exhausting, rewarding year we’ve had in a long time. Amidst several house moves, launching our photography business, taking up new habits (coffee and Netflix anyone?) and getting rid of old ones (bad breakfast routines), this year has been a year of efficient teamwork, challenging our boundaries and embracing change. We can only look back and be proud of all the incredible things we have been a part of.
Here are our biggest milestones, both personally and professionally, that have made 2015 a wild ride:
- We bought our first home. We never thought we’d ever get there, nor did we want to (we are travellers by heart), but we did it. We love everything about it except all the hard work that goes into maintaining it. We feel you dear homeowners. But the breakfast bar and home office was worth it.
- Ali joined a squash league, and he’s found a new love. Batoul’s found a new groove in body combat and yoga classes. Helps us sleep better at night.
- Went to an Eagles football game. Chip Kelly’s last as head coach! This was a big football year for Ali. From his fantasy football league in which he finished, as he describes it, a moderately satisfactory 3rd place finish. Damn you Danny Woodhead!
- Being an introvert is sometimes hard work. So it was definitely a highlight for Batoul to attend and photograph the first of many Holiday Socials in Canada where she met some of the most talented wedding industry peers who she's admired from afar.
- Travelled to 13 cities in 3 continents (Medina, Mecca, Jedda, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cadiz, Cordoba, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Waterloo, Toronto, Montreal) while maintaining a full-time day job, launching our photography business and maintaining a ravenous sense of humour. We are happy nuts!
- Efficient and healthy morning breakfast routines. It’s like when a race car comes in for a quick pit stop. We both have our specified roles (making Lavazza coffee, preparing mugs, jam on toast, etc) and know that timing is key.
- Batoul started dabbling into videography. Check out her awesome first attempt reel here.
- Joined a local refugee sponsorship group where we’ll put our budgeting and linguistic talents to good use. We’re super excited to welcome our sponsored family early next year!
As this first year in business has officially come to an end and we had the opportunity to work with such wonderful clients this past year who made us fall even more in love with photography. We’ve surpassed our wedding photography goals and are incredibly proud of ourselves and what we’ve accomplished. While we are so excited for what 2016 has in store, we'd like to end 2015 on a humourous note highlighting some of our behind the scenes footage of our crazy selves doing what we love.